On Nov. 25, 2013, House Bill 1060 was signed into law, creating Pennsylvania’s most comprehensive piece of state transportation legislation in decades. This legislation will invest an additional $2.3 to $2.4 billion into transportation by the fifth year of the plan.
The plan, Act 89, provides resources for all transportation modes. In 2014, more than $800 million of the $2.4 billion invested in highway and bridge projects across the state came from Act 89.
This site shows highway and bridge projects being made possible because of Act 89s historic investment. The projects are categorized as follows:
- Completed Projects
- Underway (Projects currently under construction)
- Four Year Plan (Projects to start in the next 4 Years)
- Twelve Year Plan (Projects to start in the 8 years following the Four Year Plan)
- Under Development (Dates not yet established)
- Rapid Bridge Replacement (Public-Private Partnership).
Act 89 also brought benefits for transit providers and non-highway modes, which are described in
this transit and multimodal summary.
Here is a list of transit-project examples from 2014 through 2016.